A new way to develop iOS apps
Perfect for rapid prototyping
Instead of manually converting a Photoshop design into your Xcode projects, PSDtoXcode does it instantaneously so you can see your design on an iPhone in a matter of seconds, not hours.
Blazing Fast Conversion
PSDtoXcode is the best automated solution for converting Photoshop mockups into executable iOS interfaces
We create a copy of your .storyboard file, so if anything happens (though unlikely) you can easily revert to a stable version of your project.
Exports assets in multiple resolutions (@x, @2x, and now @3x)
Our app will not only assemble the interface in Xcode, but will create retina and non-retina versions of all of the images used in the Photoshop mockup.
Instructions & FAQ
PSDtoXcode allows you to design your iOS app in Photoshop and instantly convert the design over to Xcode! Before you proceed, note that the software is only compatible with the following: Xcode 5/6/7, Swift, Objective-C, Photoshop CC, and Photoshop CS6
The following is a step by step tutorial on how to install and use this software.
- Please check that you have either Photoshop CC or Photoshop CS 6 installed on your computer.
- Complete the purchase and unzip the file.
- Next click on Finder and open up your Applications folder. Double-click on the version of Photoshop you want to use. Once there, click on the Presets and then the Scripts folder. Go ahead and paste the “PSDtoXcode.jsxbin” file you downloaded from the website here.
- Now, go ahead and restart Photoshop and we’re ready to move to the next step.
- Next you’ll need to ungroup and unprotect all the layers you want the script to affect.
- Now we need to label the Photoshop layers so the script knows what to convert it to in Xcode.
- For any layer you want represented as a button, make sure the layer title includes one of the following words: btn, bttn, or buttons.
- For any layer you want to represented as an image view, make sure the layer title includes one of the following words: image,img.
- Any text layer can remain as a text later – you don’t need to change it or retitle it.
- Great! We’re at the last stretch! Click on File > Scripts > PSDtoXcode. Just select the storyboard file you want this interface added to and let the script work it’s magic.
Note: If you want iPhone 6 support the Photoshop file needs to be 1334 x 750. Otherwise, only @2x and @x assets will be exported.
For any other questions, feel free to email me at: Contact Us